Sunday, June 8, 2014
Genealogy 101: Introduction to Researching Your Family Tree
2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
This FREE introduction to genealogy will help participants learn the basics about family tree research. Topics include:
- How to search local church and cemetery records
- Dating family photos and postcards
- Use of local and state government records
- Learning which website are most reliable
- How to maximize the use of census records
- The steps to joining organizations such as the Daughters of the American Revolution.
Saturday, July 26, 2014
Old Time Fair and BBQ
11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Held RAIN or SHINE, at the Grahamsville Fairgrounds on State Route 55, this year’s Time and the Valleys Museum Old Time Fair includes old fashioned activities such as corn shucking and lady’s skillet throwing contests; children’s games; ice cream making demonstration and tasting; pie auction; local history exhibits; as well as blacksmithing, spinning, and fly tying demonstrations. Plenty of free parking and admission is FREE, with only a nominal fee for some games and food.
From 1 p.m. to 5 p.m., enjoy the delicious Miller’s Chicken Barbecue. Adults $10 - Children under 8 $7. This delicious barbecue dinner includes:
- Miller’s Barbecue Chicken
- Baked Beans
- Macaroni Salad
- Corn on the Cob
- Potato Chips
All funds raised from this event support the Museum’s educational programming.
For additional information on this unique and enjoyable event, or to purchase your Barbecue Tickets in advance, please call us at 845.985.7700.